DTA targeting allows you to set unique bid adjustments for different time frames for which a user is searching. So, for example, if you see a higher conversion rate from shoppers looking to book travel today or tomorrow, you can bid higher for those shoppers. This is an additional lever that you can use to optimize your performance.
New DTA buckets include:
- 0-1 Days
- 2-3 Days
- 4-7 Days
- 8-14 Days
- 15-30 Days
- 31-60 Days
- 60+ Days
- Dateless Searches
Steps to implement DTA for a given campaign are:
- DTA bid adjustments are easy to set up and (for users of our existing DTA feature) eliminate the need to manage separate campaigns.
- Login to your Search Compare account here. Having trouble logging in? Reset your password here.
- Click the 'Campaigns' tab on the top right, and then click 'Edit' next to the appropriate campaign.
- Scroll down to the 'Dta Bid Adjustments' section, and adjust your bids up or down for any bucket (eligible range is -50% to +500%).
- Scroll down and click the 'Save' button.
Simplify DTA management with an Intent Media conversion pixel:
If you haven't already, now is a great time to implement an Intent Media conversion pixel to see conversions by DTA bucket right in your account. See here for the benefits of a conversion pixel. Alternatively, if you would like to apply tracking codes for each DTA bucket, let us know and we can implement this for your campaign.
To discuss how best to leverage DTA with an Account Specialist or to request a conversion pixel for your account, email us at email@example.com or call 1-646-358-1224 (US team) or +44 (0)203 705 1552 (UK team). We're always happy to help!
The Search Compare Team